JHS bun runner

PMowdes
Hey all

I've been asked to put a pcb together for a Bun runner but i'm kinda stumped on the gate switch

I've had a dig around and i get the impression it's a PNP verison on the basic audio scarab deluxe (minus the fat pot) and a devi ever hyperion (with a transistor "gate" switch) in a box with some relay switching and an effect order switch.

I can get around the relay switching and i think i got the PNP scarab down but i cant get my head around what the gate switch is doing.

Any ideas?????

Re: JHS bun runner

aelling
Looks like it's just flipping the transistor around, do you know if they're the same transistors? On the original Hyperion the 2N2907A has emitter to ground, perhaps flipping it so collector goes to ground makes it gate.

Re: JHS bun runner

PMowdes
it's possible.  I was thinking maybe something like this

Re: JHS bun runner

aelling
I just opened my Hyperion build and tried flipping the 2N2907A, it does get qate. It's not a complete quite gate though, but it does help. So what it does is switch between two 2N2907a's, one with emitter to ground (like the original) and one with collector to ground.

Re: JHS bun runner

PMowdes
Figured this one out, turns out there was a thread over on FSB with the schematic.  The tonebender side (in true JHS fashion) is a rip of the madbean Pastyface

I worked up the pcb and Aisha is working up an enclosure design