JHS @

HamishR
I don't know if anyone has posted a vero layout for this - apologies if so.  I know there's a Madbean version on Guitar FX Layouts but that's quite different.  I drew this one up from the schematic at Fuzzdog.  Not verified yet - I will soon!

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
Is this the new Andy Timmons? No MOSFETs?

Re: JHS @

HamishR
No it's not the + version.

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
So what is exactly? I mean I assumed the @ is the logo of the AT drive.

Re: JHS @

JabboWookie
It's the first version of the Andy Timmons, not the newer AT+ which is just the AT with a boost.

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
I was sure the first had assymetrical clipping and mosfets as well...

Re: JHS @

Teddeeh

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
Dude no offense, I dont doubt your work, I just wonder where the Madbean Turnabout fits in this picture.

Re: JHS @

JabboWookie
The Turnabout was never a direct clone of the AT. It was Madbean's interpretation of what he thought the AT was. Only real difference between the Turnabout and the AT is the clipping section. In the end they're all just Crunch Boxes.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/EP/schematics/Turnabout.gif

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
Oooooooooh...........well I am a damn dumbass.

Re: JHS @

HamishR
Hey you don't have to build it - I'm just posting this in case anyone is interested.  :-)  I still haven't built it myself but I intend to.  I pointed out that this isn't the Madbean version and stated where I got the schematic.  I just discovered that i like making vero layouts from schematics.  I didn't think I could a few months ago.

This is a fun hobby and i wanted to share what I had discovered, that's all.  If you don't trust it don't build it.

Re: JHS @

GrooveChampion
nononononnonononononononno!

Dude I am so damn sorry! I didnt mean any distrust I just wanted to know what version of the AT drive this was and me being the dumbass that I am didnt read the small print on the Turnabout that it was Madbean's interpretation!

I am so very sorry.

Re: JHS @

HamishR
Haha!  All good mate no worries!

Re: JHS @

HamishR
Well it's now verified, and a very cool overdrive it is too.  I might design a modified version discarding the EQ pot and replace it with a 1K resistor - I don't really like the sound anywhere other than at 1K.  I tried that and it works too.

However i want to reduce the gain a little, so tried a B25K pot instead of the 100K for gain.  It seems to have increased the dirt rather than decrease it!  Any ideas?

Re: JHS @

frank-berlin
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
... thank you all !

Re: JHS @

fx-fidden
Hello, old topic, but I wanted to ask something about this pedal.
I built it using another layout, it works ok, but I know that the EQ pot in the original JHS AT is a linear 10k (I saw a picture), and I don't know why PedalPCB has a reverse log, or better, I know why. Indeed, I tried a 10k linear pot and it sounds too muddy at noon, it bright up just in the last part of the sweep, and with the help of the Air control.
The reverse log at noon is brighter, and from half to max change a just bit. I think overall it work better the the linear.

But I can't explain how the original has the 10k linear pot but the EQ pot sweep is well centered. Impossible to do with the linear, not even the reverse log, afterall
Is the schematic not 100% true?
I build pedals

Re: JHS @

Willybomb
You mod a crunchbox to get in the ballpark:

Make the presence pot external,
Sub 1uf for the 2.2uf,
Put the 3 sets of clippers on an on/off/on switch, back to back LEDs in the center, 2n7000s on 1-3, bats on 3-6.

Re: JHS @

fx-fidden
Thanks, I finished the pedal already.

But the clipping you described didn't match to the original JHS. Your configuration comes from the Mad Bean Pedals version.
The original JHS has no clipping in the middle position.
Anyway, I did everything I should to make the JHS @ AT following the PedalPCB schematic, and I'm happy with it.
My only doubt is the EQ pot, in the original one is for sure a linear instead of a rev log, but this will make sounds the pedal too muddy with the EQ at noon, while from the demo it actually doesn't seem so.
I build pedals

Re: JHS @

frank-berlin
This post was updated on .
@ Hamish
a Big Thank You for the Layout !

just finished building it. Works and sounds great !

Works great with Humbuckers and single coil - brings out the character of each instrument.
( I did‘nt know the crunchbox is that god ;-) and didn‘t know the JHS-at was that close to it  )

for anyone interested:
for more Bass I changed the input cap to 0.047  ( column 4)
and changed the Resistor in Column 5 to a 3,3 k - for more bass and less gain. ( I wired a 5k in series with the 1k that was on the board and found my personal sweetspot at 2,3k + 1k )
 Works great for me.

thanks to everyone who keeps that site alive and brings me joy 🤩
... thank you all !