JJ-150 pedal. Emulator old Gibson amp.

fx-fidden
Hello, I'm discussing here with some people about a pedal that emulate the sound of the EH-150 Gbson amp. We are found this pedal, too: https://combsguitars.com/jj150
«JJ-150 is a FET-based version of the actual EH-150 preamp circuit (the later 6SQ7 version) with a tweak or two».

<nabble_embed>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwkycxfdoGs</nabble_embed>

This is the original amp schematic:

Take count just of the preamp part and the input that starts from the first stage. The Treble pot have to be 1M.

The schematic of the pedal is unknown, and we don't have any gutshot.

This is the schematic I tried to draw, slightly adjusted:

I hope I can test it on the breadboard soon.

Do you think we can get something nice?
I build pedals

Re: JJ-150 pedal. Emulator old Gibson amp.

baouftou
Shouldnt this be exactly the same as the Jr. Barnyard? Have no idea but both kinda say to do the same thing right?

Re: JJ-150 pedal. Emulator old Gibson amp.

fx-fidden
Reading the description this pedal should be a real imitation of the EH-150 preamp schematic but with jfet, and some tweak. While the Nocturne Jr. Backyard has just one transistor, so it can't be the jfet version of the EH-150 preamp.

I tried it on the breadboard. Tone pot didn't work how I expected, maybe I got a mistake, so I have to check it up.
But it sounds crunchy and crispy, not a super musical distortion, and it's difficult makes it sound clean even at low gain setting, where it's became kinda dark.
Jfet transistors were 2N5457.
I build pedals

Re: JJ-150 pedal. Emulator old Gibson amp.

baouftou
Given the marketing in comparison with the reality of the Jr. Barnyard, it wouldnt amaze me if its just a simple distortion. Hahaha