Jack Orman's Shaka 5

Freppo
I made a layout for Jack Orman's Shaka 5
It's a refined version of Jack Orman/Aron Nelson Shaka Braddah III.

Based on this schematic

I haven't built it yet though, need to order some mosfers.
But I've gone over it serveral times and it looks ok.

Not really that happy about the layout.. too many standing resistors, cuts and links.. but at least I got it into a good size. :)

cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Jack Orman's Shaka 5

Freppo
Verified - Built it today. It sounds cool!
I had no idea what to expect. Never heard the original..
The distortion is kinda fuzzy and nasty in a good way.
This one will get boxed soon! :)

I used 2N7000 insted of IRF520.. will try both later.
I will post a video if I get my thumb out of my ass

cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Jack Orman's Shaka 5

crw414
I actually used  the FET  clipping circuit from this in my modded boiling point last week with 2x J201 instead of the IRF520 , gives a very smooth symetrical fuzz , nice for singing lead tones.

Re: Jack Orman's Shaka 5

Freppo
Sweet!
It was the unusual style of clipping that made me interested in the Shaka 5. It's a very cool distortion. When cranking the tone pot it gets very troaty, almost octave-fuzz like.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se