Jensen Cap orientation

beardy80
Hi Guys,
A friend is giving me a couple of Jensen Capacitors and I've noticed that they have a line on one end. Are they polarised? Does it matter what way they go in something like an EM Drive?
Is there a way that I can work it out for things in the future? I think the mention that the line should go to ground
Cheers in advance!

Re: Jensen Cap orientation

GoranP

Re: Jensen Cap orientation

dexxyy
At roughly about £15 each those would be wasted in an EM drive, great valve amp material tho'
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Jensen Cap orientation

beardy80
Yeah that's the kind of thing. I'm getting them for free so I thought I'd give it a go as I've no other use for them and they're the right value

Re: Jensen Cap orientation

GoranP

Well in that case you got your answer. :)

In any case, if I were you, I'd hold on to as many of these you can get your hands on. You never know when the tube bug is gonna bite and the component you actually need costs 100x less.

Re: Jensen Cap orientation

dexxyy
Or flog them and buy 100 caps
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.