Jordan Bosstone - Early 1967 Alhambra version

Jordan Bosstone - Early 1967 Alhambra version

anders
Another simple gnarly velcro fuzz which almost has the same topology as a Fuzzrite. I've played around with different transistors and diodes and to my ears a higher gain tranny for Q1 and lower for Q2 worked best. I settled for 2n222 and 2N2369. Low gain Germanium for Q2 sounded great as well.
For the dioded I went with two 1N4148, Ge diodes just makes to quiet and thin IMO.

Enjoy!

Re: Jordan Bosstone - Early 1967 Alhambra version

okwilliam
Hey!
I built this one last night but get a huge hissing / high frequency sound with almost all potential transistors I have in stock. 2n2222 and 2n5088 is huge noise/high frequency hiss. If I change it to for instance 2n2222 and MP39b it noisy, hummy.

Any idea what it could be? Or isn't it verified yet and might it be a bug?
Make Fuzz Not War

Re: Jordan Bosstone - Early 1967 Alhambra version

anders
This one is verified so it must be a bug. Check solder bridges and try to increase the value of the 220pF cap.