Just kinda wondering where some folks are

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

motterpaul
Well Mark... I think you can see the love here for the site and for the efforts both you and Mirosol put into this effort. (And other contributors as well).

Some people, like me, came here knowing NOTHING about building pedals and have learned all we know here, and that is amazing. Seeing Beavis go off the radar completely was pretty alarming. Now RG (Keen) has a site that became sporadic a long time, about 2000, but all his writings stayed online and they are still considered a bible for pedal builders.

This site is no different - it is the main VERO site, the biggest, the most inclusive and the easiest to understand. Now, I don't want to dismiss Freppo and Sabro, their sites are also very informative & helpful. But your clean designs, with the separate cut & link picture, etc, make the whole process crystal clear. It would be a shame if they ever went offline.

I think many of us are afraid the blog will die, leading to the forums dying, if the blog doesn't get an update once in awhile - because most people see the blog first and don't notice the forums right away. So, I personally do hope you put on more moderators.

I don't think many people are more dedicated than Rocket, for example, and Beaker. A few died in the wool tech-heads like induction would be very good, too. Frank, Silver, Geiri - there are many.

And by the way - there are new pedals all the time that people want. Go to YouTube and watch "The top 10 overdrives of 2014" and there are many that are not here. Of course, I do understand that you guys have done most of the classics, and that is a great, but there is always the next pedal

In any case - stay well. And no matter what please don't do a Beavis and just disappear on us. Give us some warning if it ever even starts to look like that could happen.

Cheers Mate!

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

Thanks all you guys.  The site definitely won't be going anywhere, I consider this a sabbatical and nothing more

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

Mark - great to hear from you. Especially great to hear that your back problem seems to have become less obtrusive for you. Congrats on the new job as well!

I hope like everyone to see you and Miro around more often, but we are well taken care of on the forum as well. Just the other day I posted a request for the MXR Phase 100 and within one or two days I got TWO great layouts from Savvas and Alex80. I think that's amazing. Most people would just say that's impossible to do on stripboard but these two guys took the challenge right away and rocked it. That kind of helpfulness is happening all the time here. You guys are great

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

See our fearless leader is alive and well. We have nothing to worry about.

Btw, gorgeous bike. I really hope you enjoy it. A toast to you

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

M. Spencer
I'm echoing some sentiments expressed earlier, but thank you Mark and Miro. Nine months ago I came to this site with almost no knowledge in this field. With your carefully illustrated and expertly worded articles (plus those of Beavis, RG, Hammer, et al) I have really dug into this obsession and begun an understanding of how these awesome noise boxes work. It's really cool that you've put this up and put so much time into it; tagboardeffects is my number one resource. Cheers to you!

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
nice bike mate! i've drove one of those...and i've got to say...too fast for me...

here is my lovely old horse!!!
i lllllove her!

and Sandy is a goddess!!!

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

Silver Blues
I don't think I can add anything so +1 to everything that's been said

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

ξεναγος νεκροπολης wrote
nice bike mate! i've drove one of those...and i've got to say...too fast for me...

here is my lovely old horse!!!
i lllllove her!
Awesome.  I was actually thinking of the SV650 which is more of an on/off type, but when I sat on the GSX is just felt perfect.  Comfy with both feet flat on the floor which despite being very heavy gave me lots of confidence and control.  I love it, my wife on the other hand keeps glaring at me so I don't think she's quite as happy

And thank you for your kinds words about Sandy, she is my baby and best friend and it's a bit sad to work away from home now so I can't spend all day with her any more.  But that's the real world I suppose, we'll make up for it on evenings and weekends.

And thanks to everyone else for your kinds words.  It always gives me a buzz to hear people who seem to gain so much from the site, but most of that is thanks to the great group we have here who keep things running smoothly when the blog owner has done a runner for a year!

So thanks to all of you guys.

Re: Just kinda wondering where some folks are

Beaker
Great to hear from you Mark, I'm glad you are doing good. That's a NICE bike.

All the best,

Mark.
12