Keeley El Rey Dorado - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Schematic avaiable at PedalPCB

*Edit* Now verified

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Nice job buddy

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

anders

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Teddeeh
Hi. So i built twice and im getting a heavily gated fuzz like sound with the gain past 11 oclock/ noon. Parts double checked, cuts, etc.

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Hozy31
I built this also and am getting the same problem. It feels like there is too much gain.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

anders
At first, I had some problems too. LED clipping worked but not the Skottkey clippers., very gated and high gain. Realised I had D3 in the wrong direction. Layout above have it in the right direction and it works as it should, although it's a volume drop when the shottkey's is activated due to lower voltage drop.

Sorry, should have mentioned it in the first post...

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Teddeeh
D3 or d4?
I will say led clip sound delicious now and i would even reccomend as its not a dramatic change in vol on/off/on as my cable was loose and no clip is nice. The shotkky sounds horrible tho. I think there still maybe a problem. You had d1 and d2 round the other way in the first iteration of the layout?

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Teddeeh
I had d4 round wrong way doh!

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

anders
Yeah, I think I messed up D1 and D2 in the old layout as well, but that is also fixed so layout matches the schematic.

Thanks for the tip about on/off/on switch, I'll try that out.

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

JabboWookie
Would a 9.1V zener work? I don't have an 8.2V on hand.

Re: Keeley El Rey Dorado

Lithium_Grim
yes, you can also just leave out the zener