Keeley Rotten Apple - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Another stab on the op amp Big muff by robert keeley using a quad op amp.
Schematic at PedalPCB HERE
*Edit* Now verified
*Edit2* After Sphere80 verified the layout I shifted around a few things since I don't like doublelinks before I built one myself. So both layouts below is verified.

Both layouts is verified.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

Dex3887
Thanks, will knock one up tonight to see what she sounds like.

Once again Anders is crushing it, I appreciate it.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

Mulekicker
I do too. Anders has made so many fuzz layouts that I've built or will build.  A million thanks!!!

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

Sphere80
Built!  The 4k7 at E-6 needs to be a 47k.

This thing is pretty high gain and heavy. It's far beyond my stock IC BMP, and the mid range choices are all useful and still allow tone control. Thanks, Anders!

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

anders
Wow, thanks Alex, that was quick!
I've updated layout above, I guess I need to build this myslef.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

chance
Just saw the PGS demo, sounds really good, I definitely a place for this one, first op-amp Big Muff for me. Thank Anders

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

krsdrm
I built this and it's not working but I noticed in your picture you have an extra link from either A-13 or B-13 to either E-13 or F-13. It's not in the layout though. Is this an error in the build or the layout? Thanks Kris

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

anders
Doh,! I shifted a few things in the layout after Sphere80's verification before attemting it myself. Both layouts above is verified and sounding good. Have you checked your board, cuts, solder bridges, connections etc? Voltages could help to locate the issue with your build.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple

krsdrm
I was at work checking for solder bridges and bad joints when I noticed the differences in the layout and photo so I thought I'd ask before I went on to checking voltages and ect. Thank you for your response Everything looks right so now I'll move on to those steps. I'll try and remember to share what I figure out.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple - Verified

Lord Ashram
Hi!
Thanks for the layout!
Just found it while I was about starting a request for this pedal...;-)

Two questions - one layout shows the 4k7 the other 47k in E6?
What do the crosses near the diodes mean? (I know, maybe a newbe-question)

And last but not least:
Why is this layout not on the main page? I think it´s worth it!
You can play a riff if your hands remember - not your brain.

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple - Verified

fx-fidden
Look at the schematic linked in the first post. The correct resistor is the 47k.
Thanks for noticing it!
I build pedals

Re: Keeley Rotten Apple - Verified

Lord Ashram
Ok, got it, Thanks!
I also found out what the "+" means...like I  said, dumb newbe-thing.

Still, I DO think it should be found on the main page!
You can play a riff if your hands remember - not your brain.