Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
Hey everyone, I've been working on the DBA Kill Kill Filter tonight and I'm having an issue with the output. With either filter pot turned fully CW, there is no output, when I turn it down I get very little. I also hear a crackle when the filters are turned. The only differences in components are 270k resistors instead of 220k, the 470pf off of Q1 is 560pf and the 430k is 470k. Everything else is the same. My voltages are as follows...

9.36v power supply

Q1
C: 4.55
B: 0.68
E: 0.11

Q2:
C: 5.14
B: 0.78
E: 0.22

Q3:
C:2.05
B: 1.86
E: 0.00

Tracks have been knifed through, all components, links and cuts have been triple checked.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
I'm not sure what happened but after swapping out the 470k to a 330k and 100k in series, the voltages to Q3 are now

C: 1.76
B: 2.07
E: 1.57

Still no bridges or misplaced components. Other transistors measured the same. Any thoughts?

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
Here are a few pictures of my board. The last one is held up to the light to see between the tracks. I can't see anything wrong with the component layout at least.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

moda
3rd and 4th row from bottom where the  2 track cuts are look to have a bridge. Looks like you didnt drill it out all the way and some solder is bridging.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
I just looked that spot over, it's just ink from where I marked off where to place the cuts. I didn't realize the pictures were upside down either, that's the top of the board. Thanks for taking a look.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
Nevermind... decided to scrap it and build a Sound Saw.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

Marbles
Great idea! Built that too. I have some messed up wires I think, cause the 2 channels have effect on eachother but man, that boost can get crazy.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
It's pretty cool but I'm not finding much use for it actually. Maybe I need to play around with it and my fuzzes a little more. Channel two is very subtle with everything I use in front of it except my Fuzz Factory and Harmonic Transformer.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

Marbles
Maybe I got lucky miswiring stuff... :D

But yeah, I have one channel set to earpiercing high and the other low. Combined it with a rat and a DAMOAF and especially with the DAMOAF (muffy) it gave that hollow A Place to Bury Strangers boost.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

squirrels
The "problem" I'm having is that I use a fairly dirty amp plus fuzz so I usually max out the volume on my fuzzes even though I don't need to. I have two different boards I use, ones for rock and blues and the other for heavier stuff (metal, doom, stoner, sludge... noise I guess).  The Sound Saw is on the second board with an Oracle and LSTR in front. After I lowered the volume on the fuzzes... Wow. Channel one is still a crazy mess (not a bad thing) but channel two really thickens everything up. I was debating scrapping this one and avoided boxing it up but I think it's definitely a keeper. I'm planning on painting Ash from Evil Dead on it. Fitting I think.

Re: Kill Kill Filter Low To No Output

Marbles
Sounds awesome!