Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

Ncuab
I just built two of these and they're not working.

Klon 1 is passing some sputtering noises when the gain is turned all the way down and no noise when the gain is turned up.  This sputtering noise is also very low.

Klon 2 is passing some noise but it's really low.  I literally have to crank my amp's volume all the way up to hear it.

Can some tell me how to measure the voltage so that I can put that information up?  Thanks!

Re: Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

alltrax74
You mesure the voltages at each IC pin (red lug on Pin, black lug to ground)
1     8
2     7
3     6
4     5

Re: Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

Ncuab
Here are the readings:

Klon 1 w/ 1N34A diodes

IC1: TL072
8.6   9.3
8.6   7.9
7.7   8.9
8.1   7.6

IC2: TLC2262
7.1   9.3
7.6   8.1
7.6   7.6
0.0   7.6

Klon 2 w/ 1N5817 diodes

IC1: TL072
4.6   9.3
4.6   4.6
1.2   4.6
0.0   4.4

IC2: TLC2262
4.6   9.3
4.6   0.0
4.6   2.2
0.0   4.6

Re: Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

Ncuab
Okay, I was able to fix one of them.  It was a bad charge pump IC chip.  I resoldered and cut the gaps for a 2nd time and now I'm able to get sound out of it when the gain is turned below 50% but when the gain is above 50% the volume is very low.  Even with the volume knob at max, the volume is still very low when gain is above 50%.

Here are the updated voltage readings

IC1: TL072
4.6   9.3
4.6   4.8
1.2   4.6
0.0   4.4

IC2: TLC2262
4.7   9.3
4.7   4.6
4.6   4.6
0.0   4.6

Re: Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

alltrax74
Here are the readings I have on the last one I built : (wall 9.65v)

IC1
4.88
4.88
1.2
0
4.74
4.88
4.88
9.65

IC2
4.80
4.88
4.80
-9.52
4.80
4.88
4.9
18.83

IC3
9.64
4.85
0
-4.72
-9.52
5.71
5.16
9.64

So obviously you have a problem around IC2 pins 4 and 8 where you should get around 18v from the pump charge
You should also post your voltages for IC3

Re: Klon Centaur - Simplified - True Bypass getting no/little sound

Ncuab
I built the Simplified version with out the Buffer.