Klon Centaur - True bypass

JackL
Hello! I've already built a Klon time ago in standard configuration and I love it!
Now a buddy ask me to build one for him with the buffer active only with the pedal on, so he wants true bypass in bypass position.
Should I use the standard true bypass wiring keeping the circuit board the same or I need some modification?
Thanks ;)

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

I did a true bypass version a while ago but didn't think anyone would want it so never bothered posting.  I've added it at the bottom of the original Klon thread.

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

JackL
ops! didn't see that!
Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

I only just posted it

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

JackL
Is the true-bypass version verified? I've built one and it sounds fuzzy and farty, I have some squeal too (even if I used SCPA chip).

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

JackL
Anyone?

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

Geiri
I've built two true bypass Klons now and both circuits sound absolutely shit. I can barely touch the volume knob and it's super loud. With the gain knob down, it sounds like a distortion/fuzz. Turning the gain up turns it into a super fuzz monster. The tone knob only makes it brighter.

I built both board with care and I've been over them several times. The boards are absolutely 100% to the layout with no bridges anywhere. Both boards sound exactly the same.

I think it needs to be checked.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

zosotone
I want to make a Klon in true bypass too, what layout did you use? the original in True bypass version or the Bare Bones True Bypass?

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

JackL
I used the truebypass version.
Anyway I solved the problem, in the truebypass layout there is a missing jumper in the top left of the board. See the regular layout to understand what I mean ;)

Re: Klon Centaur - True bypass

Thanks for the heads up Jack, I've corrected the layout.