Klon just sold

MAndrews

Re: Klon just sold

PStevenson

what a fucking idiot (not you; the guy who paid £380!!) the guy hasn't stopped making them, he is just working on the next lot of them.
I've got one of those red ones and it was £100 ish and I only bought the official one cause I liked the humour he included with it.

I feel so sorry for the man actually making them because he never gets anywhere near the amount of money that people shell out for them when they "sell out"
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: Klon just sold

Vince
Haha.. I agree with PStevenson. There isn't an effects pedal on earth I would pay that much for... When it starts getting to that price, Buy a f@*king amp instead!

Re: Klon just sold

Madferret
I've seen a video where Bill Finnegan (The Klon guy) said he gives some of the old gold Klon's to a single parent he knows so she can sell them to help pay the bills. I think he's genuinely bemused by the prices they go for but I don't think he's short of a few quid.

Re: Klon just sold

I worked it out a while ago and I estimated that I could make a Klon for around £19 and that was massively over-estimating the cost of the components, in reality it would be closer to £15.

If that isn't a good enough reason to start DIY then I don't know what is.

Re: Klon just sold

Vince

Re: Klon just sold

Madferret
Wow, seriously some people should chill, you could buy three quality pedals for that, or yeah a nice amp or new speakers for a cab. If the pedal it's self says it's over hyped then it's probably a sign that you shouldn't pay crazy amounts of money for one.

Re: Klon just sold

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Klon just sold

Geiri
I've made a few Klon clones and yes it sounds good. I've also made a Timmy, which is so much simpler and I prefer it over the Klon. I don't even think the Klon is transparent.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Klon just sold

Vince
Correct Geiri, The Timmy is a great pedal. The klon I made was very nice but to this day, the best overdrive/boost I've made is the bluesbreaker. It sits in front of a Marshall perfectly. There have been times where I've forgotten it was on and thought It was just the amp....

It's like the original tonebenders going for over $1000! ... plain stupid.