Klon without a switch

kirshman
Is there a way to wire the Klon from this site to be an always on pedal and not use a switch at all?  Not sure how to do that with all those wires.  A buddy of mine wants it in a box like mine with 4 other drives all controlled by a looper.

Re: Klon without a switch

Zanius
Hey!

Usually most people are having trouble finding out how to wire a switch, so no switch is easy. Input jack to board input and board output to output jack.

I would put a switch anyway though, the effect may change hands/pedalboard/arrangement at some point.

Re: Klon without a switch

With the Klon it's a bit more involved than true bypass effects because you have to circumvent the buffer switching.  To do it you need to omit the switch and the wiring (Sw4, Sw5 & Sw6 connections) along with the Volume 2 and Output wires, and instead go straight from Volume 2 (on the actual pot) to the effect output (back to the looper).  The LED connections will also be omitted (Sw1, Sw2 and Sw3) and so if you want indication you will have to get a switch in the looper to do it.

You can omit other components as well but I'd probably suggest leaving those in place.  It's not going to save you much money and means the board could easily be reverted to a switchable Klon in the future if the owner wants to.

Re: Klon without a switch

kirshman
Thanks!

Re: Klon without a switch

kirshman
So does wiring it this way omit the buffer? I'd love to keep the buffer  in the chain, but it's not the end of the world if its not.