Klone PCB?

Hi all

I'm slowly starting to get my mojo back for this guitar / effects / building malarky after a couple of years off.  A friend of mine keeps trying to convince me into doing a couple of songs on an open mic night at my local which is mostly acoustic players (wonder if they like Maiden ).  I'd want to play one of my solid bodied guitars but don't think it's the kind of venue that I would need my amp head, 4 x 12, effects rack and switching systems , it's just a smallish pub so I'm not going to overdo it and look a dick.

I don't even want to take a combo as there is a PA in the pub and so I'd just like to make myself a small pedalboard with a AmpliFireBox for amp models and a small monitor so I can hear myself properly.  With that in mind (and remembering I want to get back into building) I want to make a multieffect dirtbox to put on the board which will have 4 effects in it (for a bit of variety) all in a 1590D box to save on additional power connectors and patch leads.  One of the effects I want to put in there is a Klon but with space being at a premium I think I'd prefer to use a PCB rather than my vero layout.  Being out of the game for a while though I don't know who does them and which are good.  So does anyone have any recommendations??

I think I'll also be putting a Zendrive, Crunch Box and some sort of muff in there (P19 possibly) and will probably just do those in vero, but again I may be open to PCBs if there are some good ones out there which will make things less tight in the box.

Cheers

Re: Klone PCB?

music6000
Hi
    Excellent PCB'S
    https://aionelectronics.com/project/refractor-centaur-overdrive/

 P.S  You did a Layout for the Secret Efx Secret-1 in 2014 that was Verified that needs a Minor fix that has a Major flaw as is. Link from Pin 2 to 2K7 (R5 in Schematic)) should be from Pin 3

Here is Original Schematic that you used
       http://freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=23453&mode=view

 Cheers music6000

Re: Klone PCB?

PMowdes

Aion has some great designs.

Dino and I have a bunch of stuff over at deadendfx.com  not sure it will scratch your itch but have a look and see what you think

 Cheers music6000

Re: Klone PCB?

Oh cool I'll have a look and see what you've got.  Cheers

PMowdes wrote
Aion has some great designs.

Dino and I have a bunch of stuff over at deadendfx.com  not sure it will scratch your itch but have a look and see what you think

Re: Klone PCB?

music6000
Cool, Your Original Secret-1 Layout is attached to the frestompboxes Link
http://www.freestompboxes.org/search.php?keywords=secret+efx+

 Cheers music6000

Re: Klone PCB?

nostradoomus
Will vouch for deadendfx. Built the Vital Spark and man do I love it.

Re: Klone PCB?

badoogie
I've got some klone PCBs I had made, which are small enough to fit into a 125B (or a 1590B if you're not worried about jacks and wire and all that stuff! ).  I've had a lot of fun with this site and your layouts, so I'd be happy to send you one if you like?

Re: Klone PCB?

That's great thanks very much.  I'll send you an email

Re: Klone PCB?

music6000
Hi
   This needs Pin 3 Update
http://www.freestompboxes.org/search.php?keywords=secret+efx+

Cheers music6000

Re: Klone PCB?

Silver Blues
Welcome back Mark

Re: Klone PCB?

Re: Klone PCB?

Frank_NH
Hey Mark,

Glad to see you back in the (effects) saddle again, so to speak.

Keep us informed on your multi-effect build.  I'm sure there are lots of us here who would like to do the same, and I feel my pedal building is moving in that direction.  One of my multipedal ideas is to make a Rockabilly multi-effect in the same spirit as the Analog Alien Rumble Seat with the following:  (A) Light/Medium Overdrive, (B) slapback Delay/Echo, and optional (C) Reverb.  Perhaps even a simple compressor in the chain.  The main idea is to have a set-and-forget effect that I can turn on and have my ideal Rockabilly sound right there with no muss or fuss.  One thing I almost never do at a gig is reach down and adjust my pedals unless something is really wrong, so having a simple set of switches and controls is ideal.  Anyhow, look forward to your build.

Re: Klone PCB?

Hi Frank, yes I will. With this I want something which basically gives me a few dirt options for the pedalboard, but I've been messing with my main rack effects and needed a bigger case, and so have a 6U shallow case spare and I'm thinking of something to do with that too.  I've always wanted to make a 2U rack effects which is basically full of stompbox circuits so I can pick 8 or 10 of my favourite effects.  The idea is to make a custom pedalboard out of a slanted instrument case (or similar) and use relay switching to control each effect.  I think that would be awesome. But it'll be a big project and knowing me I'll probably do a years planning before working my way up to it