Know of any one-off waterslide decal printing services?

Know of any one-off waterslide decal printing services?

GarrettVD
I'm just wrapping up my latest pedal project and it's now come time to apply the decal.  Which in itself is an entirely new experience.  Here's the catch, I'd like to get a design printed via LaserJet on waterslide decal paper, but have neither the printer nor the paper, and don't particularly want to invest in the printer.  Unfortunately no one I know has a colour LasterJet printer (or is willing to use their work-designated one...) so I'd like to know if there are any one-off decal printing services available for us hobbyists?  I've seen suggestions elsewhere for using Fiverr or Kijiji, but not sure how I feel about that.

Any suggestions of online / offline one-off decal printing services? Ideally located in Canada.

Cheers,

Re: Know of any one-off waterslide decal printing services?

Do you have a Kinkos or something similar up thar?

Re: Know of any one-off waterslide decal printing services?

Muadzin
Just go to a commercial copy shop. The good ones will have a decent laserjet printer that allows for odd sized or special paper. Mind you, chances are they will make a mistake the first few times because this is not something they will do often. So bring extra paper and be clear in your instructions. I always tell them to print in color, no scaling whatsoever (very important) and which side to print on. You'll probably have to supply the design in a PDF format as well. Luckily if they print the wrong side no damage is done. If the paper gets stuck however, well, game over man!

I'm blessed in that the university where I work has a good copy shop around the corner where I can go with a good printer which so far hasn't chewed up any of my paper. By now I've been there so often, even though they have a lot of different staff, they all seem to know and understand what I want.

Re: Know of any one-off waterslide decal printing services?

Sensei Tim
Garrett,  where in canada are you?

I would be willing to do an inkjet printed waterslide and mail it to you if you want to deal with spraying it to seal the ink.  i have white and clear paper here. I just ask that you cover the postage from Calgary.

LMK