Kryptone Fuzz and Fuzzilla.

Doron
Just heard the Deep Trip Kryptone Fuzz. It's an amazing beast.
Really would love to see these up here.

Re: Kryptone Fuzz and Fuzzilla.

Doron
Well It's based on a Vox Tone Bender which is a FF style schematic.
The idea of the pedal is the mods around this design which allow for biasing, bass and treble.
Another interesting issue is the selection of transistors and the voltage polarity.

Re: Kryptone Fuzz and Fuzzilla.

Doron
Well, I read a bit more and it seems that this Kryptone fuzz is indeed a germanium Vox Tone Bender variant.

Although it makes the quest simpler there are the added features which make it very interesting and useful:
1. Treble control - Probably a treble bleed cap design close to the output.
2. Bass control - Probably a cap based design close to the input.
3. the BIAS control as a 10k pot on Q2 or something. I guess the combination of the trimmer and a fixed resistor keep the bias at a controlled volume level without affecting the output volume too much.
4. Maybe there's a buffer at the input if it is so good with Wah pedals, probably a 3 transistor design like the Tone Bender MKII. Not sure.
5. Which germs are used?

Doron

Re: Kryptone Fuzz and Fuzzilla.

Doron
bump

Re: Kryptone Fuzz and Fuzzilla.

alambike
The Deep Trip is from Brazil and I had the oportunity to talk with the owner of this pedal. Well, he told me that all the pedals effects are made with Silicon Transistor because some customers obteined different sounds from the Germanium Transistor. I do not know how to obtain this scheme to construct one...