LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

Peter Venkman
i know there is a LED Voltage Chart in the resources section of the Library but would anyone be willing to make a chart or a list of the Best resitor values to use for specific color types of LEDS? Like water Clear red vs Red or Blue, or purple, Ive been using red, but tried red water clear with a 4.7k resistor and things arent working properly and Ive built this layout like 12 times before and never had an issue, but now Im having one and ive narrowed it down to either the wrong resistor for the LED or the 3PDT switch.

I know theres math and formulas and apps out there, but id like to know what you guys are specifically using.
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

As far as I know there really isn't s specific value for each LED color, as the resistor just limits how much power goes to the LED. The higher the value the less power gets to the LED, and makes it dimmer. Personally I use 2.2k for all my LEDs. It's bright is you can see it on stage, but not super bright that it blinds you. Also, I only use waterclear for my indicator LEDs, and use all colors same resistor value.

Re: LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

Chris60601
Agreed - I tend to use between 4k7 and 5k6 for my builds. Unlike Rocket, I like to see where Im going after I kick on my devices ;)
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Have a look here also: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/LED-Voltage-Reference-td24111.html
This will help sooner or later :)
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

negativefx
Holy hell, I put a 2.2k on a white LED in one of my pedals.  When I kicked it on for the first time on a dark stage, I couldn't see a damn thing for 20 seconds or so.

Exactly!
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

traktop
I use 2k2 resistors for average red leds. Try to avoid water clear as I found them super annoying in general.
Blue leds use to be much more brighter than red ones, so I use 50k resistor for those... (yes, 50k resistors...)

Re: LED Color specific Resistor Value Chart

Silver Blues
Yeah, with Tayda's waterclears I use 22K for green (the brightest ones I've used so far), 1K for orange and 5K for blue. Didn't manage to write down what I use for anything else (have yet to try yellow).