LT1054 Inverter

squirrels
I ordered an LT1054 to use for the 9V inverter. I’ve read that they are compatable but I also saw that I would have to add a cut between pins 1 and 8 to use the LT1054, is that right?

Re: LT1054 Inverter

induction
Correct

Re: LT1054 Inverter

squirrels
Thanks so much.

Re: LT1054 Inverter

squirrels
Also just realized I needed to connect the positive 9v connection to pin 8 instead of pin 1.

Re: LT1054 Inverter

induction
Right, sorry. Always check the datasheet. Good catch.

Re: LT1054 Inverter

The ICL7660S is pin 8 too.  But to use it in boost mode so the oscillator is running at the higher frequency there is no cut so pin 1 is getting 9V too.  The 9V wire may go to the pin 1 row in the layout you're looking at but that is only because pin 1 and 8 are connected, it could connect anywhere on that row.

Re: LT1054 Inverter

squirrels
I’m glad I looked at the data sheet. The chip was getting a bit hot. No damage done luckily.