Lace Looper help.

burksguitar
Hi all,
I have used this site for several years, I have successfully built a lot of effects from layouts here and elsewhere.
For reference, I've built a few 2 channel loopers and a 4 channel looper using the layout on this site.

I recently ordered some parts from mammoth electronics to build another 4 channel Looper. I looked at their schematic for a Looper and it's a lot different, it looked a little simpler so I tried it.

I don't really understand what is going on but I ended up with massive volume loss. I have completely gone through the circuit, re flowed solder joints and even built another circuit with only 1 channel with the same result.
Signal from the input to output jack is normal, but engaging any of the channels causes a volunteer loss.

I know it's probably a lot to ask but if someone would take a look at the "lace looper" directions on the mammoth electronics site and tell me what you think I would really appreciate it.

At this point I'm thinking I will just desolder everything and use the layout here that I know works, but I would really like to know what's going on. Seems like if there layout was faulty they would take it down though.

Re: Lace Looper help.

induction
I don't see any problems with the lace looper schematic. The only difference I see between it and the one on this site (other than the buffer and tuner options) is that the lace looper doesn't ground the loop inputs in bypass. This should not have any effect on the volume when engaged.

I suspect a build error. Can't say much more without pictures.

Re: Lace Looper help.

BetterOffShred
Post links to the stuff you're talking about and I'll give it a look.

I like loopers