Lacquers/sealers/varnish

Vince
I usually spray lacquer my pedals but I'm curious as to what other people do/use?.. I'm wanting to maybe try some brush on varnish for a thicker, longer lasting finish.

Re: Lacquers/sealers/varnish

vick
I have been using Deft from a spray can but am also looking for something better.

Re: Lacquers/sealers/varnish

Vince
I've just ordered some polyurethane brush on clear varnish... I'll report back...

Re: Lacquers/sealers/varnish

vick
I do a lot of woodworking so I have a bunch of different finishes around.  Oil based poly seems to have a tendency to yellow the label. Water based poly I am not  a fan of either, it is basically clear latex paint.

I would guess the 2 part spray lacquer would be best but most people could not be able to get it or spray it safely.  Pretty sure you need a painting contractor license or something similar.