Laney GH100TI preamp

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim
sorry that was bad editing on my part.

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

ibanez48
thanks man.

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim
demo video of how this sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjwajOlamis

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

glasspak73
The capacitor next to the 68k on Q1,Is this a 47pf or 17pf? This circuit sounds awsome thanks so much for all the hard work and time everyone put into this.I can't wait to get mine finished and cranked up.

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

glasspak73
Sorry I already found my answer my bad.I looked at the schematic duh....lol

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim wrote
demo video of how this sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjwajOlamis
Sounds awesome, nice job

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim
Thanks

After playing with this circuit a bit there are some modifications that probably could be made:

I found that the last 2 transistors ("phase inverters") sounded best with the trimmers maxed out.  They probably don't need trimmers and just a direct connection to the power source.

The final Level control is probably irrelevant. i found that i needed it maxed out for unity gain and kept the master and gain controls dimed also.  This might change if the trimmers to Q6 and 7 are eliminated, though.

Also, the pot value for the presence control is probably too large. it could be halved and still have usable impact throughout the range of the pot.

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

marius1970
Hi, is posible to make the same with the GH100L Laney amp. ???

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim
you probably could.  for the most part it's very similar. there are some component values that are slightly different and some caps that you'd need to remove and add in some places.

Re: Laney GH100TI preamp

Sensei Tim
I re-visted this project a few months ago and made a few minor tweaks.

1)  i got rid of the resonance switch
2)  the 2n2 that is on the bass switch didn't seem to have a significant impact so i changed it to a 220pF and it resulted in a much better difference in sound.

video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je9tfNGPeMU
123