Layout Question

semajmiyta
So I have several sheets of copper clad board and am going to drill and etch my own (done many this way for years) but not my own layouts (except for 4-5 small circuits that so far all worked as they should.
  The layouts are from any strip board I find then I use DIYLC do the same layout then try to get rid of the jumpers/links and if I can shrink the board size
So my question to any one who does their own layouts is.... Example- 1 On line 2 there is a resistor a jumper then a capacitor so on line 2 there are 3 solder pads next to each other and connected.do I have to start my trace from between the  cap and resistor like where the link's original hole is or ca I come off after the resistor and cap in other words resistor hole 1 link hole  2 cap  hole 3 instead of hole  2 using hole 3 for new  trace or would that change the circuit i dont want to do all that work and it be for nothing
 i havent done bread boarding and not into all that R&D just like building working pedals

thanks in advance

Re: Layout Question

Axldeziak
Electricity doesn't care about the exact order things are in so long as the leads connect to the same point.
I drew out what I think you were trying to ask. This connection of the three leads would be the same functionally in both examples.

Re: Layout Question

semajmiyta
Thank you very much. Whatever the answer was gonna be as long as I got an answer. thank you for spending the time (with examples which was exactly what I was asking) to read my question and take the time to answer it. People like you are why people like me can continue on in their quest Thanks again