Layout for a filter I designed

eje

Layout for a filter I designed

eje
I designed this filter. The idea is to give a lofi filtered sound, as you can see from the frequency responce graphs it should work wonderfully. I've been rackin' my brain about how to go about the layout but the fact is I really don't know where to start. Could you help me out with a vero for this?

Any comments on the circuit itself would be appreciated. I'm working with a limited understanding of electrical engineering here.

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

Rolf Poti
I would use 10k resistors in the power section, 200 Ohm seems to be abit low impedance between 9v and ground
I would probably tweak the lowpass part to cut more of the highs, maybe start cut at 8-12 khz instead of 500 khz this would probably reduce some fizz.
I haven't seen alot of filters using transistors so this is pretty interesting, the ones i have made was using ICs

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

mirosol
Administrator
Second Rolf's note. The current should be enough with 10Ks for the Vref.. That's certainly doable. One more thing though.. Is there a reason for TLC2272? Should it be ok with single opamp?
+m
fyaelectronics.com
eje

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

eje
10k resistors will be fine. I just threw together a voltage divider and never thought to check it against typical values lol

It could be a single opamp for sure.

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

mirosol
Administrator
eje wrote
It could be a single opamp for sure.
I'm on it.... :)
+m
fyaelectronics.com
eje

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

eje
mirosol wrote
eje wrote
It could be a single opamp for sure.
I'm on it.... :)
+m
Thanks so much!

If you feel any tweaks would improve it feel free to implement them. No idea what to call the thing either lol

Re: Layout for a filter I designed

mirosol
Administrator
I'm calling it the "eje Filter Mark 1" :)
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fi/2013/02/eje-filter-mark-1.html
+m
fyaelectronics.com