Let's talk patchbox

Zanius
So, you see it everywhere. You see it in plastic casing, with single wires, with shielded wires..

What is the best way to build a patchbox to get it completely silent?

After building god-knows how many pedals I've finally had an order for a quad patch box. Gonna do it in aluminum enclosure with plastic jacks.
Is there any reason I shouldn't prefer shielded wire instead of single wires twisted?
And something I never seen in a patchbox for some reason, shouldn't the box be grounded from one of the jacks for some extra protection?

Re: Let's talk patchbox

Zanius
....so I was right then. No one knows how to build a patchbox
KT

Re: Let's talk patchbox

KT
you can check here http://stinkfoot.se/archives/1184
, and there is info on diystompboxes as well
KT

Re: Let's talk patchbox

KT

Re: Let's talk patchbox

Zanius
I guess I wasn't after instructions, maybe some insights or discussion. I will built it the best way I know till then