Little angel chorus

LesPaul
Hello

Thinking about building the little angel chorus for bass guitar. What do I need to do change to make sure I keep the bottom end? My first thought would be to change the input and output capacitors from 100n to 1u. Would these changes make it suitable for bass? Anybody tried this on this pedal?

The input and output capacitors are the two 100n polypropylene capacitors? Correct?

Pål N.

Re: Little angel chorus

johnk
I built it (and i'm a bass player). it doesn't need any mods but I didn't care for it at all so i'll never box it up. the chorus effect isn't symmetrical (IMO, it has weird pulses).

I also built the John Hollis Zombie chorus, and while it is better than the Little Angel, it didn't impress me at all either so i'm going to use its enclosure for something else.

as far a as bass choruses go, IMO the Tonepad modded Boss CE-2 is the best of the bunch (and best chorus period IMO) and Harald Sabro has a nice vero layout for it.

http://www.sabrotone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ChorusEnsemble2.gif

Re: Little angel chorus

LesPaul
Fantastic! I'll check out the CE-2. Thanks!

Re: Little angel chorus

Geiri
I personally think the little Angel is crap. The zombie is good but I haven't tried with bass. I've yet to try out the CE-2 on vero. The original CE-2 is magnificent!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Little angel chorus

Heath
Just chiming in to say I agree with the other folks here.

The Little Angel Chorus did not make me happy.  I'd have kept it around for it's sound, which is unusual, but it was such a pain in the ass to make it work consistently.  Even with all the "lock up" fixes, I still had to pretty much short circuit two of the IC pins with a screwdriver tip to make it act right for even a little while (and I'm not the only one).  I'd say if you enjoy frustration and have somewhere to throw pedals without breaking anything important, go for it.  Me... I considered backing over it with my car.

The Zombie Chorus... I love it, but it is kind of specific sounding.  I'll put it this way, I'd never want it as my main chorus pedal.  That said, I've spent hours playing through mine and it definitely makes me want to write something specifically for this pedal because, in it's own little corner, it really shines.

Sabro's CE-2 layout is awesome.  It's a little large, but that's just how it's going to be.  No getting around that.  It makes a fine "main" chorus and will do a great job in almost any circumstance.  Definitely one of my "keep at hand" pedals.  Just take it slow and be patient building it.