Looking for a part, help welcome...

Heath
I'm looking for what Runoffgroove calls a "1/8 inch (3.5mm) closed-tip, open ring stereo jack."

Problem is, the terminology isn't very consistent, and waiting weeks for a delivery from China just to find out I got the wrong thing is super frustrating (not to mention that my searches on Ebay have yet to turn up anything that I recognize as being the correct part, any way).

It's to add a headphone jack to a mini-amp that will also shut the speaker off while plugged in (hence the closed-tip bit).

I think this might be it:
https://www.radioshack.com/collections/maker-parts-kits/products/radioshack-3-5mm-2-conductor-panel-mount-phone-jack?variant=5717419333

...but again, the terminology is different.  Also, $5 a pop is ludicrous.  Triply ludicrous if I don't even know that it's the right piece.

Anyone have a reasonable source for these?  Thanks in advance!!!

Edit:

And it has to be the kind I can drill a hole, stick it in and screw the nut on to secure it.

Edit2:

I have no flippin idea what "open ring" means...

Re: Looking for a part, help welcome...

Heath
Might have found something that will work... Anyone who knows more about this?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CUI/MJ-3536/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiVz9SCMkER55f73v2DGptmwpTD01GLlKsFw%3d%3d

I'm thinking what ROG is suggesting is similar (or exactly the same) as what IvIark suggests here:  http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/04/noisy-cricket-mkii.html

IvIark wrote
And a switched headphone option.  An easier way of doing this would be to feed a switched headphone socket from the daughterboard, and the signal also going through the normally closed contact to the speaker output.  Then when a plug is in the headphone socket, the speaker will be diconnected automatically."

Re: Looking for a part, help welcome...

Beaker
Either of the two stereo sockets on here will work.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/3-5mm-plugs-jacks.html

The idea is that you need to break the circuit to disconnect the speaker when you insert the headphone jack.

The Tayda plastic case 1/4" jack sockets have these connections too, but you usually snip the tags off or leave them unused. You might want to use them for an active circuit on a guitar to avoid popping when you insert a "live" lead for example.

Re: Looking for a part, help welcome...

Heath
Well, I'll be damned.  Those DO have the little switching contacts.  Hot damn.  Thanks, Beaker.