Looper recommendations?

Vince
I'm looking for a looper pedal (to buy). As in something to use as a jam/practice tool. I don't know much about these types of pedals but the first one I noticed was a BOSS RC-2 at £165!!..

Anything cheaper that does what it says on the tin?

Cheers

Re: Looper recommendations?

Jopn
I love my RC-20XL that I picked up used for $150 CAD.

The TC Electronics Ditto gets great reviews as well, and is frikin tiny.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Looper recommendations?

Vince
The 'Ditto' looks/sounds great. And genius to get it in a pedal that size too. At £85 I think I may go for that one.

Cheers

Re: Looper recommendations?

dexxyy
You could also look at the digitech jamman, not so small footprint but it has an sd slot for expandable memory, also the akai headrush 2, I`ve seen KT Tunstall use it live and seems a good looper.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Looper recommendations?

Vince
They look good too. I've decided to get the 'Ditto' as it's all I need. Just something to loop a few tracks and jam over.

Cheers chaps ;)

Re: Looper recommendations?

Surgeon
The ditto looks great.

Just for the record, the Headrush E2 is quite amazing and simple to use:
A good example
 ;)

Re: Looper recommendations?

borntwisted
Also worth looking at a DigiTech JamMan Express XT Looper, a little cheaper than the Ditto, larger footprint, think it has a longer loop time and apparently you can synch it up with other pedals.

Haven't tried one but it's towards the top of my wishlist.

Digitech's Youtube video about it.

EDIT: Just noticed you can now get the Ditto cheaper than the XT.

Re: Looper recommendations?

Vince
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind in case I require something more complex in the future but the Ditto is perfect for what I need it for at the moment.

Cheers