Lovepedal English Gent question

Lee Oswald
Hey folks,

I've got an English Gent almost complete, but I'm confused by one thing.

I notice that the LED anode is wired to the board. If this is correct, then
how does the 3PDT turn the indicator LED on and off? I've looked it over,
but assume my electro-ignorance prevents me from seeing something obvious.

I hope this thing sounds good, or I'll be condemned to building a ROG Britannia.

Also, why is this called the English Gent and not the Englishman? Was there concern over
Sean at Lovepedal coming after this site? Wouldn't that be rich considering his treatment
of Paul Cochrane.
I didn't shoot anyone.

Re: Lovepedal English Gent question

Ciaran Haslett
This post was updated on .
Hi Lee

The anode (+) comes from the board through a current limiting resistor so you don't need an external one.  The cathode (-) is wired to the 3PDT the usual way so that when the switch is engaged the cathode is connected to ground thus completing the circuit and lighting up.  The guys here often add a CLR onboard when the layout allows for one.

Edit:  Just checked the schematic and the LED is present there too.

Ciaran

Re: Lovepedal English Gent question

Lee Oswald
Thank you Ciaran,

I saw the connection of cathode to ground, but didn't see the completion of
the circuit. I should have spent a few minutes to trace the path from the anode
connection back through the circuit.

Thanks for your help!
I didn't shoot anyone.