Lovepedal Eternity Problem

Re: Lovepedal Eternity Problem

Ciaran Haslett
You could test your test box connections with a multimeter.  Set it to continuity mode and check that your box input and output terminals are NOT connected to ground.

And interestingly...the row above the input on the layout is connected to ground through the link under the IC.  I know you have already but triple check your cuts and tracks for solder bridges.  I've scrapped boards before only to come back to them months later to discover a microscopic short that I swore was not there the first time...cleaned it and it fired right up!

If you're still having problems post some higher res pics of the board and the test box.

Re: Lovepedal Eternity Problem

Ciaran Haslett
And to eliminate the IC...pull it out and probe pin 3.  You should at least get your input signal there (providing all cuts/tracks are free from shorts)

Re: Lovepedal Eternity Problem

ham_phist
well, I can't say exactly what it was, but it's working.

I took my small hacksaw and sawed the sheiße out of the tracks even though I swear they were already clear. I reflowed the solder on one resistor because reasons. and I hooked it up again and for some reason, I pushed the IC down in a fit of miniature rage. It was definitely all he way in the sockets, but maybe I just rocked something back into place. It was noisey and staticky for a minute, and it went in and out, but it finally WORKED.

This was my 5th or 6th build and none of them gave me problems like this. But I'm glad it at least works. I appreciate everyone's help!!
12