Lovepedal Tchula - verified

storyboardist
This post was updated on .
Just put this up on my perf/pcb blog, and thought I'd whip up a vero for you guys too. Surprise, surprise, it's another Electra. The layout is small enough to fit in a 1590A if you don't feel like using a second footswitch and just use a toggle.

Schematic:

Vero:

Re: Lovepedal Tchula

balazs.bencs
Built it and works ok, but to be honest, there is nothing really special about this one, there are a million better sounding pedals out there.

Re: Lovepedal Tchula

Teddeeh
I like it. It has a certain charm i admire. But defo verified.

Re: Lovepedal Tchula - verified

houserockr
Wait!
I thought the Tchula basically consists of two cascaded COT50 circuits?
If that's correct, what's the value of the static B1k poti for the gain stage that doesn't have a poti on the original pedal?

Re: Lovepedal Tchula - verified

storyboardist
A friend of mine traced it and this is the schem he sent me.The COT50 is also Electra-based, but this is just one circuit—no cascading going on.

Re: Lovepedal Tchula - verified

Iago
I believe that the Original Tchula (handwired red one) at least is just a single Electra/COT circuit, with the usual mods.

If you take a look at a gutshot of one of those you can tell there's just one circuit there (too small for being 02 circuits) even under the goop.

The "2-circuit" Tchulas came later, but I'm not sure when though.

Re: Lovepedal Tchula - verified

Iago
Alright, I tried to find whatever photos I could of a more recent Tchula cracked open and only found a couple pictures of a golden one. You can tell by the PCB that there's only ONE circuit there (since a Tchula has 15 components besides pot, LEDs, jacks, DC power jack and footswitches).

There may never been a 2-cascaded COT Tchula after all? Now that I stop to think about it, I've never seen advertisement from Lovepedal saying a Tchula is indeed 2 effects in one or dual circuits. It's always been more along the lines of "A Tchula is a 2-stage overdrive".

Re: Lovepedal Tchula - verified

bones79
Thanks for this. Think I'll add it to the list, Josh Smith is a big fan