Low-Power Amp ("Punch") (Request)

Re: Low-Power Amp ("Punch") (Request)

Heath
Hi, Silver,

I put this together but just can't get it working.

Volume seems to ramp up very quickly from nothing.  Stays clean until about halfway through the pot rotation then it turns into a bizarre sputtery fuzz type sound.

I breadboarded the circuit below and it works VERY well (much more clean headroom than the Cricket).  I'm stretching my abilities even breadboarding from a schematic :/

Re: Low-Power Amp ("Punch") (Request)

Silver Blues
This was the one that was a hybrid Punch and Chime, right? Huh, maybe something got lost in the hybridization. If the Chime works for you, I think you can use the same layout and just change values (and remove the 10K). It's a pretty simple circuit... funny it does that.