Lumpy's Lemon Drop - noisy!

tracer03
Layout: Lemon Drop

Built both versions, working just fine, but holy cow is this thing noisy. Single coils or humbuckers - even after boxing, it's almost unusable. Any suggestions on how to mitigate the noise?

Info, in case anyone needs it:
Q1: BC108B, hFE 282
Biased to 4.55v
Q2: 2N5457
Voltage at Drain: 4.82 v

Knifed strips, solid ground connection, etc.

Re: Lumpy's Lemon Drop - noisy!

tracer03
Bump - anyone?

Re: Lumpy's Lemon Drop - noisy!

Mulekicker
Hmm...i built one and it was fairly quiet. That said, after about a month it stopped working right and I could never figure out what was wrong. I ripped it out of the box and tossed it. Been meaning to build one again. When I do I'll report back but I'm sure you'll of solved it by then.