MESA Grid Slammer

Freppo
This post was updated on .
Here's a layout I did for the MESA grid slammer.

This layout has been extra fun to make since I also traced the circuit. It was a challenge for sure. I made the last changes today (a few uncertain values - I had to desolder some of the components to get accurate readings) and the vero layout now sounds exactly like the original, so the layout is verified. :)

Unfortunatly it's nothing more then a clone of the Landgraff Dynamic OD with a different clipping arrangement. Still, a very good sounding overdrive and may be worth a build. But I was hoping it was something a bit more original..

You can see the schematic and a few shots from the tracing process here

Cheers
/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: MESA Grid Slammer

rudeez
awesome work bud! i was actually looking at getting the original as i've heard them to be quite good but like you say, dissapointing to hear it's a version of the landgraff haha.
will build it once i have some time to spare tho! thanks!