MN3007 Problems

scimitar
I have been struggling on and off for several months now to get a ce2 build working, firstly from the hero layout here and then using a PCB , in both cases and with mn3007s from 3 different suppliers I have been getting the same issue, no output, high current consumption  and overheating of the chip. I have also tried different  mn3101 chips and even as a last resort built a dedicated test circuit again with the same symptoms. This is driving me mad, has anyone had these same issues? I'm thinking that it must be faulty chips but there has to come a point when you have to stop buying chips in the hope it will work. As a last resort is there anyone UK based selling guaranteed mn3007s?

Re: MN3007 Problems

lasermonkey
The last two sets of five (from different suppliers) resulted in just one working 3007, with all the others exhibiting exactly the same issues you described.
It's particularly annoying, as I'd previously had no problems getting hold of working ones whatsoever. I'm currently on the lookout for a good source too!

Re: MN3007 Problems

kirshman
I've bought 5 mn3007 from small bear over the course of the last 2 years and never had a bum one.

Re: MN3007 Problems

kirshman
Sorry, just saw you were looking for UK ones.

Re: MN3007 Problems

scimitar
thanks for letting me know you have suffered the same issues, whilst it doesn't directly help me solve my problem, it does make me feel better that the problem is almost certainly not due to something I have done. Regarding suppliers, I bought 5 very cheap from China so wasn't really expecting those to work but at the same time bought 2 from a UK supplier, subsequent to finding that I couldn't get the circuit working I also bought another from a UK supplier I'd used before but same results.

So again if anyone knows a reliable supplier, preferably UK based, please let me know as I'm getting desperate.

Re: MN3007 Problems

régis@fofo
I bought those ones

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/171661971007?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And they work perfectly on my madbean porkbarrel!

hope you can see the french Ebay links

Cheers!

Re: MN3007 Problems

scimitar
Success I ended up ordering a couple from Guitar PCB as it stated that they were hand tested so I knew this would remove all doubt - expensive with shipping at about £16 for the 2 but I now have a working chorus and it sounds excellent.
I will now contact the other sellers and if I don't receive a positive response I will list them on here.

Re: MN3007 Problems

baouftou
hey. im looking for a trusted source in EU and i cant find any. i looked on guitar pcb and they dont sell nothing but pcbs now. any ideas?

Re: MN3007 Problems

aelling
baouftou wrote
hey. im looking for a trusted source in EU and i cant find any. i looked on guitar pcb and they dont sell nothing but pcbs now. any ideas?
Two German sites, there's musikding
https://www.musikding.de/MN3007_1

and banzaimusic (though they seem to be out of stock atm)
http://www.banzaimusic.com/MN3007.html