MP Sweet Honey Overdrive Help -solved-

negativefx
This post was updated on .
Hi all, I'm having an issue with the SHOD.

Massive volume drop compared to bypass with Volume maxed, extremely gritty sound... almost like a fuzz.  Volume works, Drive 'works', and Focus doesn't seem to do anything.  Double checked the wiring, took an xacto between the traces, replaced the LEDs and diodes.  I used reds, not greens.

I say the Drive 'works' because from around 0 to 2, it's silent and then from 2 and up, it instantly goes to the tinny fuzz sound.

The only LED on the board that lights up at all is the D3 and I'm not sure if this matters, but even with the circuit bypassed, D3 lights up for a second and fades away when plugging into DC or 9V.  D3 does fade in and out while playing but D2 and D6 do not.

I am using an OP275GP.  I ordered an OP275 from Tayda and that's what they sent.

IC OP275GP Voltages:
1- 2.41
2- 2.33
3- 2.24
4- 0.00
5- 3.10
6- 3.34
7- 5.76
8- 4.79

If it matters, I tested every cap and the precise resistors (ex. 2k61 and 13k7) to be sure they were as close to 0% as possible and used 1% resistors for all the standard values.  I used Tantalums in place of the Pano electrolytics.

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Eric

Re: MP Sweet Honey Overdrive Help

negativefx
Here's the board overlayed on the layout at various transparencies.  I can't find any mismatches here.  Help is greatly appreciated!

Re: MP Sweet Honey Overdrive Help

negativefx
DERP, after posting I noticed the 47R is a row short.  I'll fix that and cross my fingers.  :)

Re: MP Sweet Honey Overdrive Help

negativefx
Well that was embarassing.  Works great now.   :)

Re: MP Sweet Honey Overdrive Help

Hee hee