MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

motterpaul
Does anyone know of a headphone amp for guitar plus MP3 player (miniplug stereo) mixed inputs -  where I can listen to the output on a mini-plug headset.

Kind if like the MXR headphone amp, but adding an input for an iPod?

Re: MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

benjammin
The vastly underrated Yamaha THR10 seems to fit the bill here!

Re: MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

motterpaul
Actually, its more than I am looking for - all I want is a guitar "amp" for headphones (no speakers, no major power) where I can also plug in an MP3 player for playing along.

I was hoping for a VERO layout for something like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/C-Tech-Pocket-Rock-It-S1-Standard-Guitar-Headphone-Amp-104383096-i1321939.gc

Re: MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
you can just build the mxr or the noise cricket maybe, and just mod it.
make two inputs with a j-fet parallel looper or with a simpler mixer and then send the output of this to the input of the amp.
two inputs.
one for i-pod
the other for guitar.
so simple!
with mix pots and everything.

Re: MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

motterpaul
Thanks - I will give it a look and see if I can figure it out - different impedance and a mixer needed - a challenge though.

Re: MP3 player & guitar input to headset out practice amp

Tochi