MXR FET Driver?

Meomy
Hey All,

I was watching this demo for the MXR FET Driver and started to have a GAS outbreak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uevmJ8AYujA

Does anyone know of a solid build on the site that would be comparable? I'm digging the tones, but didn't see a layout for the FET driver anywhere.

Thanks,
Meomy

Re: MXR FET Driver?

Frank_NH
From the little research I did, it sounds like it's an op amp gain stage into a fet gain stage.  The only circuit I know of that has that topology is the Brunetti Mercury, for which I created a vero here:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Brunetti-Mercury-td25277.html

It's more of a distortion but the tone controls are quite effective.

Re: MXR FET Driver?

Meomy
Thanks Frank NH I think i'm gonna give it a go! I haven built anything in a few of months (job relocation, move in to a fixer upper, and 4 kiddos). This and my 3/4 finished Azabache are gonna be my "comeback pedals";^)