MXR Headphone Amp---No Sound : (

Highsmith
Hi there,

I breadboarded this using the site's layout.

I'm not getting any sound out it, but the transistors get very hot after only a few moments with the battery hooked up.

Surely that means something, thanks in advance!

Re: MXR Headphone Amp---No Sound : (

Pay2Play
Hi, check your double link under the ic, the link should go to the positive side of the 47uf. Looks like your link  goes one below. That's the only thing I could see from the photo. Cheers Michael

Re: MXR Headphone Amp---No Sound : (

Highsmith
You are correct Michael, that incorrect link has to be the problem. Thank-you so much!

I will rectify this at lunch today and let you know how it works!

Re: MXR Headphone Amp---No Sound : (

Highsmith
Yes! That was it. It's working like a champ now.

Thanks so much...

Re: MXR Headphone Amp---No Sound : (

Pay2Play
No worries, glad you have it working now. Cheers