MXR Phase 100

Seeing Rocket's Phase 90 build reminded me that it would be really cool to build a Phase 100 clone. It looks like the Phase 100 has some big differences to the Phase 90 and Phase 45

This is the first schem that popped up when I googled
http://www.6v6power.ru/inf/Phaser/MXR%20Phase%20100.gif

And maybe you'll dig this song with some tasty Phase 100 action. This band kinda got me interested in the Phase 100
http://youtu.be/_Jv9IoXUp-U

I realize this might be pretty huge though. It's certainly way over my head to draw this one

Re: MXR Phase 100

Chris60601
Wow! Reminds me of Hawkwind!
If your not familiar with Hawkwind, hit the link below for a live recording from the '70s.
Great stuff to listen to if your trippin' Not that I would know *cough*

Hit the 52:00 mark for a few minutes then jump to 1:09:00 mark. Turn it up loud. Add some bass to it and enjoy an adult beverage or whatever your fancy is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYAd0-ifNlM

Awe hell, the whole album is great if you want some acid-rock in the background for 2 hours while building.

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: MXR Phase 100

yea, i was thinking about the phase 100, but i think mark had said with 6 IC's it's going to be massive. the only person i think brave enough to give this one a go is alex. lol

Re: MXR Phase 100

Chris - I really love that we share a lot of music interests on this forum! Thanks dude. Good music is essential for pedal building sessions. I enjoy keeping the bong on standby as well haha

Zach - this may be one for quad op amps, but I guess that depends on the awkwardness of the surrounding circuitry. I really have no idea how this would actually turn out, since it's way beyond anything I've attempted to draw before. One thing is for sure, if anyone tackles it successfully, they will be among the legendary stripboard gods

Re: MXR Phase 100

hmm, might be doable with 1 TL074, and two TL072 to get the 6 IC's. i've feel the same way about this one.

can't agree more about good music while building, and it is pretty interesting that a vast majority of us here share very similar tastes. think about it, how many of the community is into psych/doom metal? btw, one of my favorites while building lately has been earthless and om. by the time i'm done building i don't even know what time it is, how long i was building, or what i was building. i just have a finished pedal and a pile of beer bottles next to me. lol.

Re: MXR Phase 100

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
i'm on it.
it's about 32x25
i just want to replace some components to look better
but i'm a bit confused with the switch.
i'm drawing the layout from ggg schem and the switch there seems like a dpdt and not a rottary one.
can someone comfirm this??

Re: MXR Phase 100

Looks to me like its a rotary with 4 different positions. But I'm going by what I see in the picture of the enclosure, by the intensity knob.

Re: MXR Phase 100

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
never mind bro i've found this

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_p100_lo_2.pdf

i'll do it that way

thanks!

Re: MXR Phase 100

Thanks so much Savvas! I'm super excited for this!

I plan on doing this with a rotary switch. It looks like I should need a 2P4T?

Re: MXR Phase 100

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
here it is!
with a few standing resistors...but i've saved lot of space that way.

and yes travis
it says it needs a 2 pole 4 position rotary switch. if you have one it will be really easy to figure it out how to wire it...as i don't have any, i drew it with 2 spdt. (2xspst will work too)

if anyone wants to build this and doesn't get how i drew the LED-LDR spots, i would be happy to help.
fingers crossed...

enloy!

edit: o my god...so many cuts...i've counted 73???

Re: MXR Phase 100

Wow thanks dude! So I use LED/LDRs then the "m" would have one leg from each LDR in the one hole?

Re: MXR Phase 100

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
that's right!

i'm not an expert on what LED or LDR should be used,(and i cant read anymore for today!!) but i hope someone will point that out so i can add this on the layout.

good luck Travis!!!

Re: MXR Phase 100

Alex
This post was updated on .
Great layout, Savvas!
I've started one on Sunday but couldn't double check it 'til last eve.

Re: MXR Phase 100

Alex
Hi Savvas.
I've added both layouts in Contributions (easier to find).
Hope you don't mind.

Re: MXR Phase 100

Nice job guys. Alex I knew you would be crazy enough to do this. And savvas, I forgot you like to take on challenges too. Really awesome job guys.

Re: MXR Phase 100

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
that's great man! really nice layout there! i was thinking to use a tl074 too, to save space but i said it's gonna be a big one anyway so...
your layout is really good.i like the way you managed to place the LED-LDRs...mine is a bit of a mess on that!!!
and no problem at all for the post!
thanks a lot.

and Zack yeah!
i go crazy when i see a big schem.
i love drawing layouts anyway but the complicated ones are the best!
it's the most relaxing thing for me. yesterday i was 5 hours on my day-off drawing phase100.
i love soldering too, but after so many builds it has to be something really good to turn my iron on..
last build...dirtbaby!!!the best pt2399 delay out there!

Re: MXR Phase 100

Yeah I'm really loving my dirtbaby build

Thanks so much for your efforts guys! Alex, as always your layout looks amazing. I'm not sure which one to build lol. Savvas' layout has way less links but Alex's layout has the LED and LDR really neatly aligned.

Both are really impressive. Thanks again guys. By the way isn't it funny that you both got almost exactly the same size board?

Re: MXR Phase 100

Agreed man. I've the the dirtboy next on my build list. Man, I've been slacking on making layouts, I've got to get on that ASAP.

Btw, if you really like a challenge I've got something for you for a bass I've got in mind. To say it's a beast is an understatement.

Re: MXR Phase 100

Alex
Thanks Travis!
You are right. Almost the same size.
Mine ended up one strip bigger & one link more than Savvas'.
Hope they both work!

Re: MXR Phase 100

Brilliant job you guys.  You're quite insane but brilliant all the same
12