MXR dist+ loud whistle ??

Lekoala
Hi, this is my first post, so I hope this question has not already been asked. Anyway here s my problem

 I just put the mxr dist + board together and I get a loud whistle when all the pot are on max. I can get rid of it only by turning the volume of either the guitar or the pedal down but it obviously looses some of its punch. Has anyone encountered this probleme? What do you think causes it? How can I fix it?

I am using a les Paul on a solid stat amp. I did have this same probleme when I did the zvex woolly mammoth but not as much as here.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2010/07/mxr-dist.html?m=1

Cheers