Maestro MPF-1. No dirty sound

nonost
God this Maestro MPF is driving me crazy. I knew it was going to give me problemes.

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search?q=mpf

The pedal sounds, but doesn't work ok. There's almost no difference between clean and dirty. I get not grit at all. That's the main problem.

The other problem is the freq. pot range being all in the first third of the rotation.

Where should I pay special attention?

Cheers!

Re: Maestro MPF-1. No dirty sound

nonost
I've just solved the freq. pot issue. In the layout is backwards. It should be:

3,6 tied together to the 390nF cap (instead of 1,4)

1,2 together to one 1k6 resistor (instead of 2,3)

4,5 together to the other 1k6 resistor (instead of 5,6)

But the main problem remains. Not gain at all. Damn it.

Re: Maestro MPF-1. No dirty sound

nonost
This thing is not boosting at all. Even with the pot cranked it does not boost.

Does anyone know what parts are doing the boosting task in this circuit?

Re: Maestro MPF-1. No dirty sound

Mulekicker
I built one a while ago and my frequency pot never worked right. I'm gonna flip those wires around. Unlike some others, mine does get dirty and much louder when switched over, but it's kinda meh sounding.