Magnus Modulus

johnk
I just built a magnus modulus (echo, chorus, tremolo) using one of Harald's vero layouts. it's actually a pretty nice sounding pedal with a lot of setting options. anyway, I thought that i'd share a few pics of it with you guys.

completed vero circuit:

circuit with wiring harness:

gut shot:

completed pedal:

Re: Magnus Modulus

Madferret
Wow, I though the last one I did with 7 pots and 2 switches was hard work?!  Looks great, love that colour on the box.

Re: Magnus Modulus

dexxyy
yeah , i`ve built this too, but not boxed it yet, really nice pedal and not as tight a squeeze as i thought it would be. I`ve built his echo base layout too which is an equally nice echo pedal and a little easier to build.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Magnus Modulus

rudeez
nice one! what are you using to get that white design on with that color on the box? silkscreen?

Re: Magnus Modulus

peavey_xxl
wow that looks killer!  Great job

Re: Magnus Modulus

Jon the Art Guy
I heard a clip of that and WANT IT. I need to build a BOM for it and make it one of these months.

Re: Magnus Modulus

JaviCAP
Just finished buildind this circuit following Harald's layout too. Yeah, this pedal is f**ing awesome but  really is a pain in the ass to build: 8 pots, 3 stompswitches, one toggle switch and four leds are way too much for my nerves, wouldn't build other one even if I'm offered  €300 to do it. By far, the most complicated and difficult offboard wiring I've ever faced, and the board itself is not a piece of cake.

Luckily enough it worked on first try, jjust think about debuggin' it makes me sick :P

Anyway, and by all means, if you want to save space on your pedalboard, this effect is a must.

BR

Re: Magnus Modulus

GoranP
JaviCAP wrote
 By far, the most complicated and difficult offboard wiring I've ever faced, and the board itself is not a piece of cake.

Luckily enough it worked on first try, jjust think about debuggin' it makes me sick :P
I've built this one recently, was indeed a bit of a hassle to wire up.

http://goo.gl/CwHwP
http://goo.gl/xf2qA
http://goo.gl/bryfr
http://goo.gl/7rKYp

And I'd do another one for 200E

Re: Magnus Modulus

Great looking builds guys.  John your first pic looks like a cityscape taken by helicopter!

I need to do a layout for this one I think, it'd make a nice addition.

Re: Magnus Modulus

JaviCAP
You're fuckin' crazy Goran!

Re: Magnus Modulus

GoranP

Haha thanks man!

I guess I do have a bit of a masochist streak, I was originally only going to put two effects in but the other Clarinot was already built so I said what the fcuk, let's go for it... So what if the boards had to overlap a bit...

Re: Magnus Modulus

JaviCAP
Boxed!

Re: Magnus Modulus

Very nice Javi!

Re: Magnus Modulus

adstrum
The photos are pretty impressive and they make my work look pretty shoddy. I'd like to improve, so I have a few questions:

1. The vero looks better than the stuff I buy from Jaycar. Where do you source yours from?
2. The vero is cut very neatly. How do you do it?
3. What gauge wire do you use for the off-board wiring?

I'd love to see a shot of the other side of the vero.

Thanks.