Make a Spring reverb.

Thelonious
Hi,
I would like to build a Spring reverb, with a tank like this one : http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/ Type 4 (or Type 8).
But I don't know how make the input and output amp section. I would like to put all of this in a rack enclosure
If someone can help me, if you have a vero or a shematic for make a spring reverb with this tank, or a original hammond tank (I can have this too).
It's better if it can work with low impedance input, it's for use with guitar, but synth too.
Thanks

Re: Make a Spring reverb.

skeletonghost
Hey I've had an idea of how to do this for some time. You could take the input signal and feed it through a simple LM386 audio amp like the ROG Ruby or Noisy Cricket, whatever you prefer. The output of the amp is connected to a surface transducer or small speaker. This part is physically connected to a spring assembly. On the other end you would have a peizo, or inductive pickup. The output would probably require a preamp, and mix circuit (you can find all of these on the forum) That's how I would build it

Re: Make a Spring reverb.

Frank_NH
Two options come to mind for DIY spring reverb units:

(1) Stage Center Reverb

Vero layout here:

Stage Center Reverb

Should be easy to build.  I'd try this out but I have a 1776 Electronics Rub a Dub Reverb project to do first!

(2) Surfy Bear's FET Reverb

Project here:

Surfy Bear FET Reverb

This is more complicated and there is only the schematic (no vero layout).

Re: Make a Spring reverb.

Thelonious
Thanks skeletonghost for your tips. But I don't understand why you want to use a piezo or a transducer for the output ?

Until now I used a "dj" mixer for output (phono input it's the good impedance for tank reverb) and a mixing table for input. Works great like this, but now I want to have an amplifying section dedicated solely to the spring reverb.

I'll take a look to your links,  Frank_NH. You're right, the first one is very easy to build. The second look great, and have a tone pot. Not too difficult to convert it to stripboard. But it's a more expensive build.  I'll see this in detail to balance my decision

Thanks for your answers :)