Malekko sloika

peavey_xxl
Anyone found anything on this one?

Re: Malekko sloika

Geiri
There's a thread about this one on FSB where there's a schematic. I hope it's doable but there's quite a lot of repeated components.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Malekko sloika

mirosol
Administrator
Yup. The schem is at FSB, but. There's like 12 pairs of diode clipping stacked in there. The first comment on that thread is "Is this a joke?"
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Malekko sloika

peavey_xxl
I think it would be one badass pedal to build!

Re: Malekko sloika

Silver Blues
peavey_xxl wrote
I think it would be one badass pedal to build!
Yes. Yes it would.

--Silvie

Re: Malekko sloika

peavey_xxl
I hope someone is doing this one!

Re: Malekko sloika

toddvirgil
http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21983

I'm bumping this one... PGS keeps demoing it and It sure sounds tastey... Seems doable? They bill it as 8 parallel distortion bands... assuming each is tuned to a particular frequency?

Lets have it Mark/Mirosol!!

Cheers :)

Re: Malekko sloika

peavey_xxl
Lets do this!!

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
This post was updated on .
I drew up a vero for it today but with all of the clipping stages it's absolutely HUGE ( it's 31 x 22!).
i'll have to build it in a day or two so i'll be able to verify it, but I think that it's correct.

Re: Malekko sloika

Silver Blues
Whoa... that's going to be a big box.

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
This post was updated on .
yeah, but it'll easily fit in a 1590BB, which is the same size as the original

Re: Malekko sloika

Silver Blues
Oh, well that's good then. Should be nice

Re: Malekko sloika

toddvirgil
Awesome John! Would love it if  you'd share once you've verified. Thanks!

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
I built it it last night and it works perfect.  at first I thought that something was a wrong with the circuit or the drive control pot since it doesn't do much until it's at about 85% and then jumps in gain a lot  between 90-100% but I read on the FSB thread that a guy that bought an original Sloika said that that's exactly how his works. I ended up using a reverse taper pot for the drive control and the control works quite a bit better (has a better, smoother taper). I also went with a C1M pot to give it a little more gain.
here's my vero for it:

Re: Malekko sloika

Silver Blues
Wow, that's pretty kickass. Thanks for taking the time to do this one, John. How's it sound?

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
This post was updated on .
I haven't had a chance to crank my amp up to stage volume yet, but it does sound good so far (just like the videos).

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
cranked it up today and it sounds very good. stock,  it really didn't have much output level so I replaced the B25K volume pot with a B250K one and it has a TON of level now.

Re: Malekko sloika

johnk
and here's a pic of my built and tested Sloika circuit board:

Re: Malekko sloika

toddvirgil
Thanks John! Nice layout, and nice build!

Re: Malekko sloika

That is a beautifully clean build.