Mantic Vitriol

gul

Mantic Vitriol

gul
I would love to build this one ;)
gul

Re: Mantic Vitriol

gul
It seems someone over at FSB has got a schematic here:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=262605#p262605

I see Mirosol thanked bobbass4k... Maybe a vero layout is in the works??

Re: Mantic Vitriol

BassVD
That'd be awesome!

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Alex
There is a lot of "guessing" in the schematic.
Better wait it gets verified.

Re: Mantic Vitriol

bobbass4k
I'll be updating the schematic tonight (I uploaded it in a rush and the low band gyrator got messed up). I've breadboarded it and the schematic's good, I'm working on a stripboard layout with added mids control now (it's only 4 extra components plus the pot), though obviously if anyone wants to do it in the meantime they're more than welcome. There were only a few assumptions on cap values in the end and really they're still not "confirmed" as far 100% accuracy to the Vitriol goes - They were SMT caps in locations that made me reluctant to take them off for measuring, and they wouldn't measure in circuit. Those are the values from the FX86 that the Vitriol is ripped off from "inspired" by and with those values the circuit sounds like the Mantic, but whether those are the values in the Vitriol I can't say for certain. The 1.5nF is now confirmed (I borrowed the freshly calibrated cap meter from work and it now reads a steady 1.5nF).

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Frank_NH
I've listened to a couple of demo videos for this effect and it sounds really good.  Very articulate for a high gain distortion.  Definitely worth a vero build!

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Frank_NH
Bump.  The schematic is good now at FSB.

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Alex
I've started one last week but I need to find the time to finish it. Very busy at the moment and it's not a small layout.

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Frank_NH
Thanks Alex.  Take your time.  This one interests me due to the mod where he includes an active mid range control, in addition to the BJT buffers in the feedback loop of some of the op amp stages (still trying to understand how that works - may need to sim that in LTSpice!).

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Alex
This post was updated on .
Finished!
I think it's ok but please take a look before I put it on the main page.

Re: Mantic Vitriol

BassVD
That is a big layout, wow!
I'll definitely build this one, but I won't be able to do it any time soon.

Thanks for all the work you put in it!

Re: Mantic Vitriol

Thanks Alex!  I don't think I have enough A100K pots so I'll use B100K for now.

Re: Mantic Vitriol

bobbass4k
Thanks Alex, fantastic work as always! I was on with my own layout but gave up when it got to 30 columns wide before I'd even hit the eq... best left to the pros I think.
gul

Re: Mantic Vitriol

gul
I forgot to mention that I built this and it works perfectly. Thanks so much for your time and work on the layout, much appreciated.