Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

Madferret
Hey guys, looking into the possibility of getting one of these pedals put me firmly on the path to DIY pedal building, I know you've done a couple of Marshall pedals in the past but I think the Shredmaster is slightly different.  Anyway, here's a schem for you, it's near the bottom of the page:

Marshall Shredmaster schematic

And before you ask, yes I do want one of these because Jonny Greenwood used one.  What can I say, The Bends came out when I was 15 and OK Computer when I was 17, I am a huge fanboy ;)

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

tomk
isnt the barber dirty bomb similar to this schematic?

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

Madferret
Yeah, it looks like you're right.  Thanks, I might give that a go in the mean time.  I'd still like to get my hands on an actual Shredmaster and see if they live up to the hype as the Dirty Bomb looks like it's been tweaked for higher gain.  Thanks again dude.

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

mirosol
Administrator
Damn. I found three schematics (one old, one from 2002 and one from 2006) and they all have remarkable differences. Gain set is connected to ground on one and other has the same components connected to vref.. I really have no idea which one is correct. Or if any of those are verified.

Madferret: Check the three schems via google image  search and tell me which one you want :)
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

Madferret
Thanks man, pretty much all the schematics I've seen have the Gain connected to Vref/VBB so I figure that that's the correct one.  After looking at a few they mostly seem the same, this one has most of the pin markings etc that should make it a bit easier to do a layout:

http://www.geocities.ws/diygescorp/shred.gif

If you can do this I will literally dance a dance of joy, you won't see it because, you know, you're in Finland, but I trust me I will do the dance.

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

mirosol
Administrator
That one has it to the ground :) But two of the schematics have it like that (just cap/resistor in reverse order), so i think that should be ok... I'll draw it to this schem then.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Marshall Shredmaster - You know you want to!

Madferret
*facepalm*  Sorry dude, my bad