Marshall Supa Fuzz - mod question

tracer03
The Marshall is one of my favorite Tonebender circuits - and, modded to use the leaky Russian GT404s, it's a beast. But... I'd like to tinker with the circuit to see if I could get a greater 'sweep' with the filter control.

Layout:
Marshall Supa Fuzz

It appears that the filter control is connected to the 10nF cap in row B and the 4.7n in col 16 and controls how much is getting dumped to ground.

To increase the range of the sweep, is it as simple as increasing the 10n (or both caps) - or would other mods be needed?

Re: Marshall Supa Fuzz - mod question

induction
The 10n is not related to the filter control, it's part of a low-pass filter on the input. It's only connected to the filter control via ground.

Increasing the 4n7 will dump more treble to ground, so it will increase the range of the filter, but might reduce the treble noticeably at the highest setting as well. In that case, you can try a larger filter pot to balance the larger cap.

I'd sim it and breadboard it before touching an iron, but that's me.