Maxon OD-820 with Paisley Drive Mids and Presence Switches

MAO

Maxon OD-820 with Paisley Drive Mids and Presence Switches

MAO
This post was updated on .
Rushed this one a bit, not one of my cleanest layouts, but is verified and adds some additional tone shaping to an already great sounding overdrive.

I modified Mark's original OD820 layout to add in the Paisley mids and presence switches. I also added an option to use a 2n5957 type jfet.

Note: There is a insulated jumper required. I used hookup wire and routed it across the topside of the board after everything else was populated. You can route it underneath using the adjacent through holes if preferred

And as with the Paisley drive, the center position of the Mids DPDT on/on/on switch needs to be verified. The layout assumes in the center position lugs 2 and 3 are shorted as well as lugs 4 and 5.

If the center position of the Mids switch sounds louder and harsher then the outer positions, then most likely lugs 1 and 2 are shorted and lugs 5 and 6. If so, then the Mids 3 connection should go to lug 1 and the Mids 4 connection should go to lug 6.

Ultimate.png

Rotate the board 90 degrees to fit in a 125B (may need to file down the edges just a bit)
Ultimate_board.png

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Maxon OD-820 with Paisley Drive Mids and Presence Switches

MAO
This post was updated on .
Some awesome feedback from the guy I made this for. He had originally asked me about a Klon, I suggested he check out the OD820 and then made him this "enhanced" version.

" 30 mins in..."

"Will make me a better player for sure. SO responsive and plays well with volume knob.  I absolutely love the spongey percussive slap it has. Gets along well with the les Paul and Strat. Instant home on the pedal board. Two thumbs up 👍 "

"I've had a full drive 2 on my pedalboard for 10 years and its in danger of being dethroned"

"The mid switch is key for going from the prs to a strat to a les paul..genius."

"These are the settings I like"

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Maxon OD-820 with Paisley Drive Mids and Presence Switches

fx-fidden
It's really great! Thanks for sharing.
I build pedals