Maxon OD808 problem

ppanousos
Can someone help me?What is the proper voltage for Q2 collector?I guess it should be around 4.5v right? I am getting a very low reading(.730v) and the gain pot does nothing.Is this because of the poor voltage of the collector?What is the bias resistor for the collector of Q2?Thanks in advance

Re: Maxon OD808 problem

ppanousos
Update:
I also measured the opamp.it reads:
1>1.78
2>1.76
3>.763
4>0
5>1.69
6>1.69
7>1.68
8>8.92
I am sure these are poor readings.I also installed a socket for the Q2,and even unsocketed the pin for the collector reads .730.Any thoughts?

Re: Maxon OD808 problem

You must have a misplaced link or maybe a cold joint or unwanted bridge somewhere.  The voltage on both transistor collectors should be 9V.  Have you put the double link in as shown at pin 8?

Re: Maxon OD808 problem

ppanousos
Ii was that damn double link!I made it but i got something wrong.I made it second time and it worked!It is really late here in Greece so i cant test it now,i have to wait untill moring.Thanks Mark!

Re: Maxon OD808 problem

ppanousos
Ok now its working but the sound is not that good.The Q2 base reads 5.6 and the opamp 6.5.They supposed to be 4.5?

Re: Maxon OD808 problem

ppanousos
Those readings where made with a 4558P,with 4558D it gives 7.5.Is those values high?